How to get rid of dark circles
Our skin tells us what is going on within us just like a mirror tells us what is going on the surface. Dark circles under the eyes have become a common thing. They tell us what is going on inside our bodies and are a warning of things to come. Here we explore how to get rid of dark circles.
Many of us are affected by this skin issue like no other. This is immediately noticed by everyone and makes us look tired and fatigued even if we are not.
Dark circles affect both men and women and sometimes even children. There can be a number of reasons for dark circles to appear. Some of the reasons are given here.
Dark circles can occur due to the following reasons but not limited to:
- Hormonal Changes
- Lack Of Sleep
- Skin Becomes Thin (with old age)
- Increased Salt Consumption
- Prolonged Working Hours
- Unhealthy Diet
I will suggest you not to dismiss the dark circles around your eyes as lack of sleep. Go and see your doctor to know the exact cause of the dark circles as they may be due to some underlying issues or disease.
Meanwhile you can get rid of the dark circles even if you are taking any medications for some underlying issues.
How to really get rid of dark circles, we will give you some steps to follow. Some of these are home based remedies and some are not but I will make sure that you get the best results for your efforts.
Home based options
Yes, potatoes. This one vegetable is amazing in the number of ways and uses it has all over the world. The juices or ingredients in potatoes act as natural bleach without harming the skin and help to lighten the dark circles.
They will also help in reducing the puffiness around the eyes.
- Either juice a potato or slice them and use it around the eyes.
- If you are using the juice then take a cotton ball and dip it in the juice and apply topically.
- If you are using the slices then lay the slices on the eyes and around them.
- Let it sit around 20 to 25 minutes.
- Rinse with clean and cool water.
- Repeat once daily for 4 weeks to see visible results.
- Soak a cotton ball in the rose water and apply on the dark circles.
- Now, put the soaked cotton balls on the eye-lids.
- Relax for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wash off with cool and clean water.
- Use for 3 to 4 weeks.
Rose water is astringent and a natural toner. This will help you in relaxing the eyes and skin.
Tomato and Cucumber
You must have read to use tomato and cucumber separately but this is not as effective as using them combined.
- Slice cucumber and put the slices around and over the eyes.
- You do not have to freeze the cucumber for this, use fresh cut cool cucumber.
- Relax for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Now juice the tomato and dip a cotton ball in this juice.
- Apply this juice (without lemon juice) on the dark circles.
- Wash off after 30 minutes with cool and clean water.
Almond oil or Coconut oil
- Vitamin E present in almond oil and coconut oil is helpful in reducing dark circles and spots on the skin.
- Take either of the two oils and put it on your palm. Dip your finger in the oil.
- Now, gently rub it on the dark circles and around the eyes.
- This will lighten, moisturize and nourish your skin.
- Avoid alcohol.
- Say no to smoking .
- Limit or stop your caffeine intake.
- Reduce your sugary drinks and sugar consumption.
- Avoid allergens like dust and pollens.
- Avoid or reduce junk food.
Do these things
- Sleep on time.
- Eat home cooked food often.
- Eat green veggies.
- Live a healthy lifestyle. (Exercise, eating greens, no smoking or drinking)
- Get a health check up.
Solutions which are not home remedies
Concealer (the quickest fix)
The most quickest fix for dark circles is a concealer. Apply concealer on the dark circles but do not pile it. Make it look more natural. Use a cream instead of a powder or a cake.
Apply it where it is required. Take a dab of cream and spread it evenly on the affected skin.
The other option is that you can apply this cream daily to reduce the puffiness and dark circles along with fine line. Regular use gives good results.
You can also try this product which contains clinically proven formulation to provide both instant and sustainable results. It solves fine lines, wrinkles, bags and dark circles.
What can men do in this case, apart from above remedies?
These are some of the products for gentlemen.
The above products are also useful for our gentleman readers. However, we have zeroed in on some specific products that are useful for dark circles, fine lines, tired skin and puffiness.
Brickell is a restoring eye balm that contains protein peptides and aloe that nourishes the skin and keep it young.
If you want to go for a unisex product that both men and women can use then this is right product with ingredients such as Aloe Vera and Hyaluronic Acid. However, if you are allergic to these do not use this product.
Products and remedies will do their jobs and help you. I would advise that there is no alternative to a healthy living. Being lazy has not done good to anyone and is considered a disease. If you develop a healthy lifestyle it will be your life long guide. Wish you good health. Take Care.
Pin it. Love it.