Green tea is simply the healthiest drink anyone can think of. Not only does it provide a calming effect but is also packed with tons of health benefits.
Here’s a list of some of the benefits of this wonder drink:
- It contains catechins (a type of antioxidants) which fight cell damage.
- These catechins can also help in stabilizing blood sugar in diabetics.
- Research shows that green tea can improve blood flow and lower cholesterol.
- Drinking unsweetened green tea will help in cutting down sugar from your diet and hence keep you healthy and even aid in weight loss.
- Sipping green tea can be a wonderful relaxing ritual. It helps you slow down and relax. This calming effect is provided by a natural chemical called theanine found in green tea.
Tips for drinking green tea:
- Do not add sugar. Add honey, if necessary.
- Don’t add green tea to boiling water. Let water cool down just a little before adding green tea.
- Add lemon.
- Avoid adding dairy.